[Scons-users] dependencies when you define environment variables

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Thu Jul 19 04:44:14 EDT 2012

On the whole, that (adding the thing to the builder /call/) is rather unfortunate as it means the client needs to know something of how the builder is implemented and it means if we replace a toolchain with another toolchain that behaves slightly differently we need to go and find all the clients thereof and replace the calls.

Yes, I know I'm being picky. But my experience is that little things like that can trip people up and cause embarassing problems later on down the line, and hiding 'implementation details' like that would seem to be a good thing to do.