[Scons-users] SCons scaleability with 15000 target nodes: 100% cpu but builder *not* invoked?!?

Ringo De Smet ringo.desmet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:15:00 EDT 2012

I am using a slightly modified version of the UnTar builder (1). The change
I made is that I can specify in which target folder to untar the archive.
The emitter is working, but just before SCons should invoke the builder
method, SCons goes to 100% cpu but the builder method is not invoked. Can
someone find what is happening here?

I leave my modified builder and a demo SConstruct file for the devs to
check what is happening. Add an archive to the setup with a lot of entries.
We need it to extract the linux kernel headers.
This is with SCons v1.2.0. I know this is a very old version, but a company
wide update is pending.

Ringo

(1) http://scons.org/wiki/UnTarBuilder