[Scons-users] Phony targets

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Mon Jul 9 03:30:53 EDT 2012

We have some optional extra validation on our build system, basically, to ensure that what you have built is reproducable, that you don't have uncomitted files in the build you are going to release to production.

As this scans through the repository looking for uncommitted files it's an always build function.

There is little point in having a produced file, as only the error is of interest.