[Scons-users] How important is python 3?

Marc Joliet marcec at gmx.de
Tue Dec 4 17:28:29 EST 2012

Am Tue, 4 Dec 2012 06:58:44 -0800
schrieb William Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>:

> Greetings,

> There's been a number of requests to get SCons running on python 3.

> Please reply with a :

> +1 (if you like this idea)

> +2 (if you really need this idea)

> -1 (if you don't care about python 3)

> -2 (if you don't want the project to move python 3 because of reason (business,technical)

> Thanks,

> Bill

> SCons Project co-manager

+1

Speaking as a non-professional SCons user, for me the reason is simply that I
want to be able to write Python 3 code. SCons is as of the current Matplotlib
and Cython releases the only Python project I use (i.e., use in development)
that doesn't support Python 3.

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup