[Scons-users] Switch off detection of Visual Studio version?

Anders Stenman Anders.Stenman at NiraDynamics.se
Fri Aug 31 02:18:26 EDT 2012

Thank you for the answer. I sort of knew that already but my question is still if it is possible to turn off the automatic detection. We are using the Intel C++ Compiler on top of Visual Studio, and then we use the Intel setup tools to configure the environment, e.g.,

iclvars ia32 vs2005

specifies use VS 2005, and

iclvars is32 vs2010

specifies VS 2010. The iclvars script sets the include and library paths, and then I do not want scons to mess up those.

/Anders

Från: scons-users-bounces at scons.org [mailto:scons-users-bounces at scons.org] För Gary Oberbrunner
Skickat: den 30 augusti 2012 19:39
Till: SCons users mailing list
Ämne: Re: [Scons-users] Switch off detection of Visual Studio version?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Anders Stenman <Anders.Stenman at niradynamics.se<mailto:Anders.Stenman at niradynamics.se>> wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to switch off the automatic detection of Visual Studio version? This has confused me during the day when I installed VS 2010 in parallel with VS 2005, and wanted VS 2005 to be the default. (We are using the Intel Compiler where the environment is setup and controlled using an iclvars script).

Just set MSVC_VERSION when constructing the Environment. Example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3079344/forcing-scons-to-use-older-compiler

--
Gary