[Scons-users] package builder

Kraus Philipp philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sat Aug 25 06:59:42 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to add a package builder call for OSX, and I need some ideas to do this. OSX uses *.app directories for storing the executables with their DLLs and some configuration files (most XML),
If I link my executable to the DLLs and the DLLs depends on other DLLs, I must change the locate path of the DLL, so that the classloader calls relative path names. On command line I do
this with install_name

So I would like to build the executable with env.Program, than I need all DLL files, that are not in system default DLL, so I think I must parse the linker command of env.Program, copy the DLL files
into the target dir, run install_name for correct the path names, and create the OSX configuration file, after finish this, I need to create a DMG file or pkg file.

I need some ideas to do this in a good way. There are a lot of different command line and file-copy actions.

Thanks

Phil