[Scons-users] Question about paths and shared libraries with SCons

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Tue Aug 21 12:12:20 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Chris BeHanna <chris at behanna.org> wrote:

> Consider the difference between

> env.Append(LIBPATH = ['foo'])

> and

> env.Append(LIBPATH = [os.path.join('#', 'foo')])

> This is a gotcha that will drive you nuts.

(At least, in the 2nd case you can just say '#foo' to be shorter.)

But I think both should work; it should convert it into a Node
appropriately. Remember, all commands are executed from top level
(unless you use chdir=1; if that's your use case then yeah I can see
why you'd need your solution.) There's probably a corner case I'm
missing though. :-)

--
Gary