[RASEY-DNA] RASEY #221356 takes BigY

Diana Gale Matthiesen DianaGM at dgmweb.net
Sat May 30 11:41:07 EDT 2015

One of our members (#221356), a descendant of Joseph RASEY I (of Worcester Co.,
MA, and Cheshire Co., NH), has taken the BigY advanced SNP test (scroll down and
to the right to see discussion):
http://dgmweb.net/DNA/Rasey/RaseyDNA-results.html#Y7152

and his results are being analyzed at YFull (do a Find in your browser on
YF03501):
http://www.yfull.com/tree/I2/

Results at this point show that:

1.  The Y7152 SNP subclade arose about 3400 ybp (years before present) - and
just two other individuals are included in this subclade.

2.  The TMRCA (time to most recent ancestor) of 1800 ybp jibes with the fact
that this RASEY's only STR match is with another descendant of Joseph RASEY I.
In other words, his only tight STR match is with someone well within
genealogical time (i.e., the period of surname adoption within the last 500
years or so).

The administrators of the FTDNA Haplogroup I-M223 project and the YFull I-M223
group are aiding us in the analysis of these results.  I'll keep you posted on
any advances.

Diana
RASEY Y-DNA Surname Project Admin