[RASEY-DNA] $10 coupon from FTDNA

Diana Gale Matthiesen DianaGM at dgmweb.net
Mon Dec 9 05:31:52 EST 2013

Just in case you haven't noticed...

If you have not uploaded a GEDCOM to your FTDNA member page, there is a $10
coupon on your member page, which you will receive for uploading your GEDCOM.
Given that you should be uploading one *anyway*, this is a nice little
enticement.

I have an FAQ on creating one for upload, and I do recommend creating one just
for this purpose:
http://dgmweb.net/DNA/General/FAQs.html#GEDCOM

If you've only been Y-DNA tested, you need to supply only your patrilineal line
genealogy.

If you've only been mtDNA tested, you need to supply only your matrilineal line
genealogy.

If you've been FamilyFinder tested, you need to supply as complete a GEDCOM as
possible.

It's a matter of debate whether you should include tentative or iffy connections
in your pedigree. I've seen mis-leading errors in client's GEDCOMs, so my
recommendation is to include only your proven connections.

Don't waste that Coupon, it's good on future testing!

Diana