[RASEY-DNA] Y-DNA haplotree update

Diana Gale Matthiesen DianaGM at dgmweb.net
Sun Mar 6 16:42:50 EST 2011

As some of you will have noticed, by checking the Haplotree tab of
your membership page at FTDNA, along with the change in pricing
structure, FTDNA has adopted an updated version of the Y-DNA
Haplotree. Each time the haplotree is updated, it results in an
upheaval in the nomenclature of haplogroup subclades, and this is a
major revision. You may find that the label for your haplogroup has
changed: the most widespread change is that anyone who was R1b1b2...
is now R1b1a2...

I have finished updated the group names on the FTDNA version of the
project web site to reflect the new tree. I still need to update the
project pages on my web domain (dgmweb.net). There are many changes
to make to many pages, including some complicated ones to the various
SNP charts, so this is going to consume my time for awhile. If I seem
not as responsive to emails as is usual, please be assured I will get
to you, but I have to give updating the web site first priority, right
now, because the discrepancies in subclade designations have suddenly
become enormously confusing.

FTDNA has also added many new SNPs (hence the new branches on the
haplotree), so even if you have been previously deep SNP tested, you
may want to test some of the new SNPs downstream of your current ones.

Diana