[RASEY-DNA] haplogroups updated again

Diana Gale Matthiesen DianaGM at dgmweb.net
Thu Mar 19 11:53:51 EDT 2009

FTDNA has just updated everyone's haplogroup, again. You have to be pleased at
the advances making this possible, that is, the discovery of new SNPs allowing
more detail in the haplotree, but these advances mean constantly changing labels
for the branches in the tree. For me, it means a good deal of work to update
the pages on the project web site. I'll try to find the time to get them
updated ASAP.

Because of these frequent changes, necessitated by the hierarchical nature of a
cladogram, people are starting to use the name of the most downstream positive
SNP as the vernacular name of their clade. For example, R1b1b2 is also known as
R-M269, for the M269 SNP. These vernaculars are now shown on your member pages
as "shorthand" names, so I will start including them on the web pages, too.

Diana