[RASEY-DNA] FW: Adding members from other labs

Jim Tyler jim.jhtyler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:56:05 EST 2007

Hi Diana,
My grandfather Rasey's nephew, Charles W., was the big genealogist of the
family in the early 20th century. He had a lot of time and money to write
letters and do research. He is the one who purchased the copy of America
Heraldica that I now have. Later either he or is two daughters had a
rendering of the coat-of-arms prepared that probably is just like the one
you mentioned. Neither daughter had children and eventually struck up a
correspondence with my aunt and passed Rasey information on to her that I
now have.

Now a question about DNA, if you don't mind. I had mine analyzed and
compared to another Tyler of known lineage back to the immigrant Job Tyler.
In my case I am brick walled at my gr-gr-grandfather. We have a 35-37 match
and 64-67 match. For the 35-37 match Family Tree suggests the most recent
common ancestor is within 12 generations. The mutations are at loci 16 and
34 where mine are one number less than his (11-12 and 35-36). At locus 55 it
is the other way, I am 17 and he is 16. Is there any data that can explain
in what generation the mutations took place?
The reason I chose the person analyzed is that when my gr-gr-grandfather
died in 1851 he was buried next to a 6 year old Tyler girl whose father is
an direct ancestor of my comparison.
Any thoughts? Thank you.
Best regards,
Jim