[RASEY-DNA] Ancestry.com partners with Sorenson Genomics

Jim Tyler jim.jhtyler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:23:12 EDT 2007

Greetings,
Is there a difference in reporting criminal DNA and genealogy DNA?
A couple of weeks ago on 60 Minutes (CBS) a story on DNA showed two
measurements at each locus. We only have one. Why?
I hope this partnership is better than some of the stuff that comes up on
Ancestry. During the Winter our daughter started a Family Tree that I
expanded with the known information at hand. Then the Ancestry lines were
added following their input from genealogies in their database. OK. So far
so good. Go to the search for "Famous Ancestors". I have found a number of
impossibilities; i.e. links to Peter the Great and Catherine the Great via
the Rasey line that includes the MacLeods! Another one linked me to a
Mayflower Passenger by way of an unmarried woman! However, a closer more
plausible link turned up in examining the Mayflower genealogies through five
generations. I can thank gr-grandmother Ermina Hale Rasey for that.
Best regards,
Jim