[IGDA_indies] IGDA Kickstarter page updated

Ryan Arndt ryan at igda.org
Tue Jun 21 13:09:51 EDT 2011

This is up on the IGDA curated kickstarter page now :)

Indie Game the Movie
http://www.kickstarter.com/pages/igda

lots of other project there too :)

Ryan
On 2011-06-21, at 10:07 AM, Corvus Elrod wrote:

> Good perspective to be aware of. Thanks Tom.

> --

> Corvus

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Thomas H. Buscaglia <thb at gameattorney.com> wrote:

> It is an effort by Zoo Games to profiteer from the indie community. In my opinion, these guys are not heros, but pure businessmen who smell an opportunity to commercially exploit a market. I personally think that the indie community deserves better.

> Tom B

> At 09:55 AM 6/21/2011, you wrote:

>> Has anyone here worked with, or know someone who has, http://www.indiepubgames.com? I know they're about to launch a renewed effort to grab a major slice of the indie market--including Flash games.

>> --

>> Corvus

>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Thomas H. Buscaglia <thb at gameattorney.com> wrote:

> Indie City looks like a potentially viable alternative. I especially like thier open access model. Its success will, of course, depend on their ability to execute their plan....should be interesting to watch!

> At 06:34 AM 6/21/2011, you wrote:

>> Indie Game Mag has an article about a new distribution channel specifically for indie games, IndieCity:

>> http://www.indiegamemag.com/indie-city-interview/

>> --

>> Corvus Elrod

>> http://about.me/CorvusE

>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Robert Madsen <madsen.robert at gmail.com > wrote:

> I am researching several distribution channels. The main channel we will be using for our new game is the IdeaSystem, a development platform and distribution system by Idea Fabrik, the Idea Fabrik, makers of the Hero Engine. We will also be looking at Steam and we have tentative agreements with some other PC distribution partners in the U.S, Europe, and Africa to try to target specific area.

Ryan Arndt
Global Community Manager
International Game Developers Association
Website: http://www.igda.org
Email: ryan at igda.org

LinkedIn: http://j.mp/IGDAli
Facebook: http://j.mp/IGDAfb