[IGDA_indies] The IGDA Foundation

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Tue Jun 3 22:05:23 EDT 2008

SIG and Chapter Leaders

The IGDA Foundation (the “Foundation”) was
created to assist the IGDA in its mission, to
enhance and enrich the professional lives of its
members, through educational, scientific and
charitable works. Up until the formation of the
Foundation, aside from individual dues and some
corporate sponsorship opportunities, there was
really no way for those wishing to provide
additional support to the IGDA to do so. Now,
through the Foundation, game industry individual
and corporate leaders wishing to do so are able
to support the IGDA and its members through their
charitable contributions to the Foundation.

You may be interested in some of the programs
that the Foundation presently supports. They include:
* A scholarship to the Game Developers
Conference honoring Eric Dybsand, deceased AI SIG leader;
* Development of a quarterly IGDA Magazine for the IGDA;
* Obtaining statistically valid research on
our industry in areas if specific importance to IGDA members;
* Providing financial support to the family
of Patrick Downey, a deceased fellow game developer; and,
* Support for ongoing SIG and Chapter projects!
All of these initiatives originated from the IGDA
membership. And this is just the
beginning. These are just a few examples of some
of the great things we can do for IGDA members,
and our game development community at large,
through the Foundation as it grows and moves forward.

In short, the IGDA Foundation was created to
serve you, the IGDA members. So, if you have any
projects that you think might be an appropriate
candidate for Foundation support, please let us
know. The Foundation is here to help you.

We could use your help too. If you are
interested in helping out with the Foundation's
good works, we are seeking volunteers to sit on
the Foundation "IN" (fundraising and donor
support) or "OUT" (programs and projects) committees.

Of course, if you wish to make a contribution,
that's great too. Just go to http://foundation.igda.org/?page_id=6.

Tom B

Tom Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
Miami, Florida and Vashon, Washington - USA
Tel (888)848-GLAW
Chair IGDA Foundation
Chair IGDA ECQC Taskforce
Member, IGDA Board of Directors