[IGDA_indies] SIG Focus?

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Wed Feb 23 08:40:45 EST 2005

Hey Tom

That's a great story.  The issues you faced are why I hang around here.  I
spend a great deal of time counseling start up developers and indies who
just need some light advice (Always hoping, of course, that eventually they
will hire me for some paid work!)  And I suspect that your experiences are
not that uncommon for those who make the transition from independent
individual to indie developer.

In addition to B&L issues, I think this sig might be a good place for
indies to exchange information and ideas on alternative distribution and
marketing.   As we all know, the traditional "publisher gives you money and
then manufactures, markets and sells you game (and takes the IP and most of
the revenue)" model is fading and if indies are going to survive they need
to find new ways to fund and market and distribute their works.  Many have
done so already...but there are always more ways to crack this nut and this
sig could be a good  resource for everyone.

Tom B

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
Tom Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street
Suite 2100 - Brickell Bayview Center
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Toll Free 888-848-GLAW
http://www.gameattorney.com
Creator of the Game Dev Kit
www.GameDevKit.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications protected by the
attorney-client privilege.  If you do not expect such a communication from
Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this message without reading it or any
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at intelaw.com of this
inadvertent misdelivery.