[IGDA_indies] the LGPL

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Tue Aug 31 01:50:43 EDT 2004

Brian Hook wrote:

> In other words, why bother having this conversation when I'm pretty
> confident Google will answer it?

Because as I said in my other post, I've Been There, Done That, and
Didn't Get The Answer.  Your confidence is misplaced.

> I mean, for crying out loud, this is discussed at the SDL Web site:
>
> http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=8
>
> http://www.libsdl.org/license.php

Those claims are, unfortunately, not legally definitive.  If you
actually go over the LGPL with a fine toothed comb, you do arrive at
more concerns.  Then you wonder how on the ball the SDL guys are about
the implications of the LGPL.  What we really want is a legally
definitive website, not the SDL "Sure, this will work" website.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur