[IGDA_indies] Indie Roundtable, eZine

C Ratchet zratchet at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 18 15:22:52 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've just been thinking of some ideas that I think would help in
getting the Indie SIG more organized and get more people interested in
contributing and/or joining the SIG.

First, I think it would be good to have Indie Roundtable Sessions,
maybe weekly or monthly, on the IRC channel ( irc.freenode.net
#indie-sig ) I'd like to know what would be a good time for everyone.
For me, 12-8PM EST usually is good on any day but Saturday. I may not
always be around the other days, but the channel's always open for
discussion, so feel free to come anytime.

About Roundtable Sessions, here are some things I think are worth
discussing:

1) should we start some type of eZine or even print magazine about
Indie Game Development?

2) should we have live roundtables? If so where? I personally nominate
Austin, TX. For this section of discussion, I would like to see when
and where people think it might be a good time to meet. Yearly (if not
more frequently) Roundtables in the major cities and capitols I feel
would be a good thing as it would get more people together. Of course a
convention/conference/expo would be even better ;)

3) Discussion of indie meetings, what has happened at live meetings,
etc. (when we have meetings actually going)

4) Freeform indie discussion, help each other out, etc.

5) Should there maybe be specialized "Capital" groups that are in each
state capital and help organize conferences etc that people statewide
can come to. The capital groups can also help the whole state organize
its groups.

---
 From Ratchet
Webmaster of the IGDA Indie SIG: http://igda.org/indie