[IGDA_indies] Searchable archive

Brandon J. Van Every indies@igda.org
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:17:47 -0800

Brian Hook wrote:

> > But the most important issue is searching.  How difficult is it to
> > add this capability?
>
> Given that this is a common complaint with most mailman-based list
> servers, it's probably not trivial (cf. the SourceForge pretty much
> non-stop suckage with all things to do with mailing lists -- they use
> MailMan).
>
> If you're volunteering...=)

At this time, no I am not.  But we should decide the difficulty of
having searchability, because we do have to tackle it eventually.  Right
now, we can hedge bets that this forum doesn't live long enough to be
worth searching.  I'm not thinking cynically, just practically.  It's
still a small enough archive to read linearly, even with the totally
clunky interface.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.

---