[IGDA_indies] next steps

Ben Sawyer indies@igda.org
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:15:43 -0500

I don't need to do anything we've already done it. =20

In terms of CRM I would want a system that not only handles CRM from dbs =
supply it but I'd want my software installer to be able to register =
people
and pipe the info into the CRM directly for use. =20

When we published Virtual U 2.0 we developed a script using Wise =
Installer
that asks you a series of optional registration questions.  The data =
with
the users permission is piped to our SQL Server which collects it and =
lets
us edit it, export it, delete bogus records, do reports, etc. =20

As I said in the previous email I'm willing to share the system in an =
effort
to build it out more so others can use it.  Having the user register =
during
installation results in a much higher registration rate so far as I can
tell.  When we do covermounts and other things we rewrite the script to =
code
it to those items, etc. which further helps us track things.

So while I agree that before building a CRM system we should look at =
what's
available I'm betting no CRM system is tied directly into a software
registration system other then traditional import/export features.

- Ben