[IGDA_indies] Hey there

Brian Hook indies@igda.org
Fri, 9 May 2003 11:43:22 -0700

>I'm happy to stand corrected but If you don't want to comingle=
 funds
>between your personal accounts and your business account then=
 you
>would establish a commercial bank account.

No, what I meant was why not establish two separate _personal_
accounts.  For example, you can have multiple checking accounts=
 under
your name.

>One thing I was advised about is that the more you comingle=
 such
>transactions the more likely a corporate veil can be pierced not=
>mention you increase the likelyhood of IRS audits.

Ah, okay.  I was looking at this from the point of view of a sole=

proprietorship.

Something else to keep in mind is that incorporation does not=
 give
you complete indemnification.  Since you would be an officer of=
 the
company, there would still be an opportunity for personal=
 culpability
if a worst case scenario presented itself.

Brian