[GSG-announce] upcoming events

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Mon Oct 5 09:40:09 EDT 2015

upcoming Great Scott Gadgets events:

9-11 October: ARRL and TAPR DCC (https://www.tapr.org/dcc.html)

  I will attend, and I plan to bring a fun demo to share.  It will
  feature both the new YARD Stick One and HackRF One.

16-17 October: BSides PDX (http://www.bsidespdx.org/)
  Your Ideas are Worthless

  I'm honored to be giving the keynote at BSides PDX in Portland.  I'll
  share my thoughts about the value of ideas.

21-25 October: ToorCon San Diego (http://sandiego.toorcon.net)
  Software Defined Radio

  The next chance to take my two day SDR class is coming up soon at
  ToorCon, and there is still time to register.  Be sure to stay through
  the weekend for the excellent conference.

  Bluetooth Hacking Workshop

  For the first time ever, Mike Ryan and Dominic Spill will teach a two
  day class on Bluetooth security featuring Ubertooth and related tools.

  Rapid Radio Reversing

  I'll give a new talk on techniques for reverse engineering digital
  radio systems using a combination of SDR and non-SDR tools, including
  the new YARD Stick One.

27-29 January: IT-Defense (https://www.it-defense.de/)
  The NSA Playset: A Year of Toys and Tools

  I'm excited to be back in Germany to reprise my talk reviewing the
  entire suite of tools produced over the first year of the NSA Playset
  project.