[GSG-announce] upcoming events

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Jul 29 22:53:28 EDT 2015

upcoming Great Scott Gadgets events:

1-4 August: Black Hat USA (https://www.blackhat.com/us-15/)
  Software Defined Radio

  A couple of slots are still open for one of the two sessions of my two
  day class.  Jared Boone will assist me with these classes, so it will
  be a great opportunity to talk to him one-on-one about his PortaPack
  for HackRF One:
  http://www.sharebrained.com/2015/07/24/portapack-it-is-time/

5 August: BSidesLV (http://bsideslv.com/)
  Better Spectrum Monitoring with Software Defined Radio

  At 11:30 I'll give an extended version of my presentation from the
  TAPR Digital Forum at Hamvention.

5 August: BSidesLV
  Software-Defined Radio Signal Processing with a $5 Microcontroller

  Stay at BSidesLV through the afternoon so you can watch Jared at 15:00
  discuss some interesting signal processing tricks used in the HackRF
  One firmware for PortaPack H1.

6 August: Black Hat USA (https://www.blackhat.com/us-15/)
  The NSA Playset: A Year of Toys and Tools

  At 09:45 I will review the entire suite of tools produced over the
  last year for the NSA Playset project.

6 August: Black Hat Arsenal
  YARD Stick One

  Starting at 15:30, Taylor and I will show off our latest open source
  hardware project: http://greatscottgadgets.com/yardstickone/

8 August: DEF CON Demo Labs (https://defcon.org/)
  PortaPack H1

  From 14:00 to 16:00, Jared will demonstrate his PortaPack for HackRF
  One.  Taylor and I plan to be there as well to help Jared talk to
  people about HackRF One.

9 August: DEF CON Wireless Village (http://www.wirelessvillage.ninja/)
  Seeing Blue: Tools, Tricks, and Techniques for Messin' with Bluetooth

  Dominic Spill and Mike Ryan will give a hands-on workshop at 11:00 on
  how to use Ubertooth and other Bluetooth security tools.

11 August: USENIX WOOT (https://www.usenix.org/conference/woot15)
  The NSA Playset: A Year of Toys and Tools

  I am honored to be able to give this talk as a keynote at the USENIX
  Workshop on Offensive Technologies.

13-17 August: Chaos Communication Camp (https://events.ccc.de/camp/2015/)

  We're excited to see that my HackRF One design has been adapted into
  an electronic badge for this year's camp:
  https://rad1o.badge.events.ccc.de/

  After some calendar rearrangement, it looks like I'll be able to make
  it to Germany for most of the event, but I haven't acquired a ticket
  yet.  If you are able to help with that or if you have suggestions for
  ways I can contribute to the event while I'm there, I'd love to hear
  from you.

August 24-28: GNU Radio Conference
  (http://www.trondeau.com/gnu-radio-conference-2015/)

  Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year, but I'm putting
  it on the calendar anyway.  For anyone interested in open source SDR,
  I highly recommend this event.

October 21-22: ToorCon San Diego (http://sandiego.toorcon.net)
  Software Defined Radio

  I'll teach my two day class at ToorCon as usual.  Be sure to stay
  through the weekend for the conference.

October 21-22: ToorCon San Diego
  Bluetooth Hacking Workshop

  For the first time ever, Mike Ryan and Dominic Spill will teach a two
  day class on Bluetooth security featuring Ubertooth and related tools.