[GSG-announce] upcoming events

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Mon Jan 13 10:49:42 EST 2014

upcoming Great Scott Gadgets events:

18 January 2014: ShmooCon (http://www.shmoocon.org)
Unambiguous Encapsulation - Separating Data and Signaling

Dominic Spill and I will talk about a project we hope will improve the
security of future communication systems.

19 January 2014: ShmooCon (http://www.shmoocon.org)
An Open and Affordable USB Man in the Middle Device

I think Dominic is the only speaker giving two presentations at
ShmooCon. I'm looking forward to it!

17-18 March 2014: TROOPERS14 (https://www.troopers.de/)
Software Defined Radio

This is the next chance in Europe to attend my two day class. The
cost of the class does not include a HackRF, but I expect to have a
HackRF One prototype available for each student. You can borrow it
for the class or take it home if you pay for it separately. These are
only available to students at TROOPERS (and to the PROTOTYPE backers
on Kickstarter).

I expect to be able to ship the rest of the HackRF Kickstarter rewards
soon after TROOPERS, but I arranged for extra prototypes to be built
in order to ensure that units are available for the class.

And, yes, there is an Irish pub in Heidelberg!

16-18 May 2014: Dayton Hamvention (http://hamvention.org/)

I'll be there. Find me to talk about HackRF.

29-30 May 2014: HITBSecConf2014 (http://haxpo.nl/)
The NSA Playset

I'm giving a talk about how you can implement capabilities in the
leaked NSA ANT catalog with open source hardware and software. Play
along with the NSA!

9-13 July 2014: ToorCamp (http://toorcamp.org/)

As my friend, Marshall, recently pointed out, "if you're not going to
Toorcamp 2014 you need to ask where your life took a wrong turn".

I'm working on plans for SDR classes in the US in 2014. HackRF
manufacturing is starting. I'll be launching my online SDR video series
very soon. It's going to be a great year!