[GSG-announce] upcoming events

Michael Ossmann mike at ossmann.com
Wed Aug 21 20:28:39 EDT 2013

Thank you to everyone who has pledged for HackRF on Kickstarter! We are
very close to reaching the stretch goal:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mossmann/hackrf-an-open-source-sdr-platform/posts/563588

29-30 August 2013: NSC (http://nsc.is)
Software Defined Radio for Software People

On Friday I will present this introduction to Software Defined Radio
(SDR). This is a chance to see HackRF Jawbreaker in action, but mostly
the talk is about GNU Radio and how to get started with SDR if you have
a background in software, not radio.

12-13 September 2013: 44CON (http://44con.com/)
Reverse Engineering with HackRF

This talk will consist of one long demonstration of how to use HackRF to
reverse engineer a proprietary radio system.

20-22 September 2013: ARRL and TAPR DCC (http://www.tapr.org/dcc.html)
HackRF: A Low Cost Software Defined Radio Platform

I will give an overview of HackRF with a lot of attention to particulars
of the hardware design. It will be my first time speaking in the
amateur radio community, so I would appreciate any suggestions about
what I should focus on, etc.

5-6 October 2013: H2HC (http://www.h2hc.org.br/h2hc/en/)
To Be Announced

16-17 October 2013: ToorCon San Diego (http://sandiego.toorcon.net/)
Software Defined Radio

This is the next chance to attend my two day class. Registration is
open, and the class is filling up quickly:

http://sandiego.toorcon.net/event-registration/

17-18 March 2014: TROOPERS14 (https://www.troopers.de/)
Software Defined Radio

This is the next chance in Europe to attend my two day class.

Mike