[kj] Geordie … RIP

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 03:31:31 EST 2023

 Snipped from an old email - one of my favourite KJ memories, and probably my favourite Geordie-specific memory:

I hitchhiked up to Manchester, and was lucky with my lifts so got there mid-afternoon.  I found the venue, and the doors were all open so I wondered in and found the Joke doing their soundcheck.  They played something as a band (Frenzy, perhaps?) and then Jaz came and stood at the back and listened while Geordie played Night Time on his own.  Jaz was obviously entranced, and so was I.  There were bits that I'd previously assumed were keyboards that were actually guitar.  Hearing Geordie on his own was incredible.