[kj] Jaz Coleman Thinks The World’s Elite Want To Bring Back Slavery + Warns About Revolution (Loudwire)

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:06:19 EDT 2022

Not to engage on that point specifically... To my way of thinking, if the
"Gatherer" metaphor, as an outgrowth of post-punk aesthetics, aims at any
real, uplifting, inclusive, humanist objective, fewer categories of human
would be necessary. As a data person, if I see 40 categories of anything,
flat, one level deep, I have to wonder if that should have more than one
dimension, and are we trying to describe the same sub-class of a thing.

Maybe the rebellion of the 80s was supposed to break down lines in gender
roles and stereotypes, sexuality, race/ethnicity, and aesthetics in
connection to culture. That the lines are social constructs that never
really were there, and boundaries should tend to expand.

It seems like a way of thinking has been amplified recently in which the
lines really are there, binding, and determinative. That the categories are
restrictive and exclusive, even predictive, not expansive. That the way out
of the prevailing categories are more boxes, not wider boundaries.

--Mark