[kj] Killing Joke 2003 Re-issue issue

wessidetempest . wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:04:54 EST 2022

Ugh
I’m not surprised. I’ve been underwhelmed with anything Spinefarm since I’ve first laid ears on them.  Packaging and shipping too.

On Mar 2, 2022, at 6:41 PM, Thomas Bell <planetary at socal.rr.com> wrote:

I did a side by side record comparison between 2019’s Music On Vinyl limited release and the new Spinefarm reissue of the 2003 album with the two B-Side bonus tracks.  They are definitely two different cuts/masterings.  The new Spinefarm issue sounds fine and is a clean pressing but imo, the 2019 MOV release is cut a bit louder, the drums stand out a bit better and overall has more balls without being totally brickwalled. The MOV is also thicker vinyl and the gatefold sleeve is textured unlike the new Spinefarm sleeve.  It is nice to finally have Zennon on vinyl.