[kj] Killing Joke Intro Music

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 19:35:07 EST 2022

And (I know you didn't ask this Ade, but) back in the early/mid eighties, it was Gary Glitter's Good To Be Back.
Killing Joke used to take forever to come onstage in those days, and I remember the sweaty anticipation as each track on the PA finished - surely they'll come on now - only for another punk standard to start up.  Then something came on with a thudding drum intro that I didn't recognise and some of the more experienced Joke fans around me started to cheer... It's Good to be Back.  I didn't know till afterwards that it was Gary Glitter, but it was a perfect intro for the boot-boy brutality of Killing Joke in 1983.
Blimey, it'll be 40 years ago next year, but I remember it vividly.
Jamie