[kj] Killing Joke 2003 Re-issue issue

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 20:49:42 EST 2022

Are we talking about a new CD/digital release or vinyl? Other than Pylon,
which a local shop stocked, I believe there was another CD issue of
Pandemonium? Haven't seen it. Pylon was objectively louder than the
original CD, at the same time less soupy in the mid bass which allowed more
room for everything else. Fixes more than it disturbed in that regard.
Pandemonium was dialed in pretty well on both CD versions already. There is
an inherent and developing wrongness to the KJ sound that complicates any
question of what is better or correct here.

--Mark