[kj] America

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 08:09:05 EST 2021

As a brit, I’ve been watching the whole situation slack-jawed and reading these responses with interest.

Trump is a bizarre human being. Put aside the fact he's President, as a person he behaves in a way that’s simply not normal by anyones standard. I genuinely believe he’s unhinged.
That he could hold the office of POTUS and repeatedly come out with such increasingly outlandish lies and inflammatory behaviour - and done so with impunity beggars belief.
Then just when you think the man can sink no lower, last week happens.
I’m sure he looks at Kim Jong-un or President Xi and thinks ’that’s how you do it’
And those around him are equally guilty of mis-direction and manipulation.
It’s like some bizarre circus that’s morphed into a cult.

In the last few days I’ve downloaded various US news apps to try and get a broader US perspective of what’s going on.
Some of the footage and the rhetoric is shocking - that some went in with the intention of lynching Mike Pence.
And then today I see that someone has carved TRUMP into the back of a manatee
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55631498

If you want election dirty tricks, go back to his first one.
And if the Russians did influence the election, boy did they hit a home run.

On the flipside I read today that British lorry drivers had their sandwiches confiscated at the Dutch border because of Brexit rules on bring meat into the EU, and in 2020, thanks to Covid, the UK saw the most excess deaths since World War 2.

The world’s becoming increasingly surreal...

Astonishing stuff going on there.  I'm interested to hear what American gatherers in particular have to say on the matter, especially those who have spoken in favour of Trump previously.