[kj] Personal Renaissance

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:08:25 EST 2021

Wow, brilliant stuff Mark. Really enjoying it. I’m working my way though
them all. Edition 5 is faultless, Blues Walk For Ye is superb. You wouldn't
sound out of place on Audiobulbs rosta. I look forward to picking up on
these again tomorrow while I work, so thanks for sharing.

I wish I could write like that, but I’m an indie rocker.
We took my band, No One Sun, back to a writing project a couple of years
back. It’s basically me and a friend who write, play and record everything
then had a live band. We wrote and released a track called Free during
lockdown last year and released it on my 50th. We have a couple of great
tracks in progress now that we’ll release when life lets us finish them.

I’m also trying to finish off an album of songs from my first ever band
Wind Cries Mary. We formed at school and are still really good friends and
all still involved in musical projects. To mark the 30 anniversary of our
first ever gig (which we have on tape) we released the first track we
played have since revisited and reworked a ruck of songs all written when
we 14/15. It’s been an interesting exercise.

For the past couple of years I’ve also been working remotely on demos with
Polaroid Kiss. it took a pause for various reasons, but I’m hopeful it’ll
reboot soon and I’ll be involved because the demos were awesome.

I’m also thinking about building a guitar...