[kj] Revisiting Duendes

Thomas Bell planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Jul 24 22:53:20 EDT 2020

Haven’t listened to this album in literally about half a decade and on a whim put it on the other day and have been listening to it ever since.

I’m typically not a fan of bands re-recording their stuff usually to avoid paying ex-record companies royalties or some similar mercenary reason.  I don’t know what the circumstances were that led to the reconstituted band putting this out but even with the occasional dodgey recording issues (tape damage during Millenium?) it has a great rawness and immediacy that their 3 reunion albums and even the numerous live albums the past decade lack.  I don’t honestly think Geordie’s guitar tone has ever sounded better the past few decades - at least since the 2003 tour.