[kj] Yet Another Bauhaus Reunion

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Sep 11 02:49:24 EDT 2019

After Peter Murphy suffered a heart attack before a show during his August residency, he's apparently recovered and now will once again do a full Bauhaus reunion for (so far) one show at the Hollywood Palladium on Nov 3rd.

My guess is the Hollywood show is a showcase gig to generate and gage interest in a 2020 tour. There were rumors they would get back together again since the end of 2018 and the recent vinyl reissue campaign that happened earlier this year was likely supposed to be a part of it.  Murphy’s heart attack probably either delayed this reunion or more likely cemented the deal with the other 3 bandmates as they probably got over whatever personal baggage they seem to all carry in regards to each other knowing now more than ever the clock is ticking for one more big payday.

I’m all in for the Palladium show. I saw them several times the previous two reunions - the ‘98 Palladium show ranks way up in the top 10 greatest shows I’ve ever seen in over 40 years of concerts. I have no illusions this will be any better than even the last round of shows when they opened for NIN, but I’m gonna see ‘em one more time. I imagine this will be a very tough ticket especially if they stick to the one date this year.