[kj] Complete LA Roxy Show on YouTube

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Sat May 25 22:58:05 EDT 2019

Hey, thanks for the positive vibes.

What happened is about 5 years ago, my wife suffered a really unusual hernia that caused her upper bowels to push up into the area near her heart and partially collapsing a lung.  She had surgery for the problem but apparently the result was it kinked the bowel resulting in a late night run to the ER.  Overnight, they drugged her to help her sleep and alleviate the pain but she did a Jimi Hendrix/Bon Scott and aspirated resulting in her being on a ventilator for 2 weeks and having *another* surgery, this one really major where she was opened up from sternum to below her belly button.  She came *real* close to dying.  It took months but she fully recovered and there wasn't any problems .... until a few weeks ago.

She came home from work early in the evening on a Tuesday, we walked the dog before dinner and she started complaining of pain in her stomach. Within just a couple hours, she was in agony and it was obvious her upper belly was weirdly swelling like she was gestating Alien.  Rushed her to the ER, some scans revealed a new hernia and bowel obstruction that was later determined to be from scar tissue from the old surgery. Again they had to cut her from sternum to belly button and her bowel literally burst "like a water balloon" according to the surgeon when they opened her up the next morning.  10 days in the hospital and bringing her home, the past couple weeks having been 24/7 helping her slowly recover again.  It'll be about 2 months before she can eat solid food.

I was resigned to skipping the tour this month even with ticket bought but when circumstances worked out to at least see the Santa Ana show, I gotta say, it was one of the most satisfying shows I've experienced more due to timing and blowing off steam from current events than the quality of the performance (which was very good) or the set (which was ok).  Closing my eyes and letting the sound wash over me as the band crashed through Autonomous Zone..... nirvana.

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Paul

Nice one, thanks for sharing 👍

Hopefully goes some way towards you not being able to get to the gig, but I do hope your wife is on the mend?

Someone did ask, albeit possibly rhetorical , but https://ddownr.com/ does a good job of grabbing the 1080p YouTube videos 🙂

dub