[kj] OT: IDLES

letranger789 at yahoo.com letranger789 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 22:45:43 EST 2019

 Ahhh interesting...  Never heard of em till now and the first song I listened to was... compelling.
Cheers Alex!
    On ‎Thursday‎, ‎February‎ ‎28‎, ‎2019‎ ‎09‎:‎19‎:‎56‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EST, Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

I remember fleetingly discussing them with Rob Moss and some others back in November when I was over there, but what's everyone's take on the Bristol band, IDLES, whose latest album JOY AS AN ACT OF RESISTANCE even caught the attention of the Brit Awards (although they did not win -- probably for the best).
I realize there's a bit of backlash about their "authenticity" as working class (spearheaded by the Sleaford Mods and the Fat White Family), but as far as I'm concerned, they make great, bracing music and look like they put on a damn entertaining live show. But, again, results may vary.
What say you all?
Cheers,-Alex in NYC
Gathering mailing list
Gathering at misera.net