[kj] Thoughts on the upcoming Dallas KJ show

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Sep 11 21:39:54 EDT 2018

Here’s some picks:

Lords Of The New Church – New Church, Russian Roulette, Bang Bang Baby Maybe, I’m Not Runnin’ Hard Enuff
The Cure – Fascination Street, Pornography
The Damned – I Feel Alright
Pink Floyd - One Of These Days
Savages - City's Full, Husbands, Strife
Drenge - Introduction/Running Wild
The Secret Machines - First Wave Intact, The Road Leads Where It's Led
Motorhead - Orgasmatron
Black Sabbath – NIB, Supernaut
PIL - FFF
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
Bauhaus - Stigmata Martyr, Hair Of The Dog, Severence
T-Rex - 20th Century Boy, Cadilac
Wolf Alice - Soapy Water, Fluffy
The Smashing Pumpkins - Lucky 13, Doomsday Clock, Rock On
The Jesus And Mary Chain – Reverence, Gimme Hell
Primal Scream – Miss Lucifer, Exterminator
One Day As A Lion - One Day As A Lion
The Circle Jerks – When The Shit Hits The Fan (Repo Man soundtrack version)
The Plugz - Reel Ten
Agent Orange – Too Young To Die
XTC - Making Plans For Nigel
Misfits - London Dungeon
Lords Of Altamont - Monkey Man (Stones cover)
Ministry - NOW
2two - I Am A Pig
David Bowie - Hearts Filthy Lesson
Nine Inch Nails - Last, Heresy

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of B. Oliver Sheppard

The sky outside is grey as grave-marble and I'm working on putting together my setlist for DJing Killing Joke's show next Monday (Sept 17) at Granada in Dallas. I want to include songs that will get the audience in the mood for the band, but also songs that have played into the band's history -- songs from acts like Can, PIL, maybe even the dreaded Led Zeppelin...? Hah. What do you think?

Youth is djing at an after party and I'm sure he'll be spinning enough dub and reggae for everyone, so I'm going to leave that out of it.... :D

-0liver