[kj] Ohio

Kevin Marion kevinmarion at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 12:29:08 EDT 2018

Anyone meeting up for Columbus, going to Skulkys early.

Kevin

 Subject: Re: [kj] Bloodsport
 To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
 Date: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 12:16 PM

 Years
 and years ago in the old Gathering chat room, Raven made a
 comment about fighting the dogs that he bred.  I wasn't
 sure if he was joking or not.  Some of the other Gatherers
 in the chat, and who knew Raven personally, assured me that
 he would never do such a thing and that he was only
 joking.
 Maybe because
 I don't find dog fighting or hunting to be particularly
 amusing topics, is the reason why I don't understand
 people making these type of statements/jokes, about
 themselves, when it could be so easily misconstrued.  Not
 everyone at that gig would necessarily know Jaz's
 history of talking complete nonsense at times.
 I do think Jaz was just talking
 rubbish here but must admit that him qualifying hunting for
 food, not just pleasure, did give me pause for
 thought.

 -------- Original
 message --------From: Were Wolf
 <werewolf68 at hotmail.co.uk> Date: 09/09/2018
  16:00  (GMT+00:00) To: "A list about all
 things Killing Joke (the band!)"
 <gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj]
 Bloodsport

 Holy fuck
 that's pretty hardcore even by Jaz's standards. I
 have a dog and used to have a cat and don't think the
 Hunting ban should be overturned in England, Scotland and
 Wales. Didn't Jaz have a pet black cat in the
  early days of Killing Joke in his Notting Hill flat? In
 Jaz's book Letters From Cythera (or maybe it was an
 interview?) doesn't he say he only eats meat once a
 week or on special feast days? Having said that I tried
 being a vegetarian for 6 months a few years
  ago but missed meat too much so I can't really comment
 without being called a hypocrite...