[kj] Seattle

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 21:16:00 EDT 2018

Thankfully, the band always seems to slot in a few older deep cuts every tour  - I'm really looking forward to hearing Loose Cannon, FTL, Pssyche and TDARS (even though the performance from last night looked a bit shakey).  Conversely, I think they keep playing Assroids just because they know it riles up the hardcore fans and well.... it is the only song that gets audience participation.

Also of note, Jaz is doing the face paint thing again, even if a bit toned down from 10-15 years ago.

+++++++++++++++++

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of jpwhkj--- via Gathering

Personally...

I'm really looking forward to hearing ESS - possibly my favourite track from recent years.

Also it'll be good to hear SO36 - a relative rarity live.

Also Butcher - possibly my favourite track off WTF (though there is strong competition).  I used to think it was the song that summed up Killing Joke.

Other stuff to look forward to:

Virus
Turn to red (Youth + funky basslines = wonderful)
Follow the leaders (see above)
Loose Cannon (I really like this, despite the silly video)
Pssyche (always)

Stuff that's not that exciting:

Asteroid - it was ok back in the day, but hasn't aged well
DARS - never been keen on this
Wardance - I have heard this enough times
Pandemonium - great song, great album, but... again?

Inconsistent of me, I know (why is Pssyche ok and Wardance isn't?) but them's me thoughts.  Overall, looking forward to it...

Jamie