[kj] Killing Joke Seattle setlist, Sept 1, 2018

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 2 08:58:37 EDT 2018

At least they're doing a representative selection of stuff from recent albums (Hosannas aside), with tracks from 2003 and the reunion trilogy. It's certainly better than dropping the new albums five minutes after they're released, and more interesting than simply loading the set with songs from the first album and Pandemonium. I'm glad there's two tracks from WTF!

I'd give my remaining lung for a chance to hear Tabazan live. It's always been a favourite album, and I've only heard Eighties, Love Like Blood (both from the reunion tour) and Kings & Queens (from the 2003 tour) played live.

I'll be leaving the UK shortly, so I will have to wait for the next time they come to Japan to see them. That probably means I'll never see them live again, so you lot better be posting detailed reports!

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing). "Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly. Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.