[kj] Palackba zárt üvöltés az elembertelenedés ellen - Killing Joke-interjú Jaz Colemannel (Blazing Guitars)

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:20:19 EST 2018

https://langologitarok.blog.hu/2018/10/23/palackba_zart_uvoltes_az_elembertelenedes_ellen_killing_joke-interju_jaz_colemannel
(Google Translate)

*Closed Violence Against Violence - Killing Joke Interview with Jaz Coleman*
By KOVÁCS.ATTILA on 23/10/2018. 12:22

[image: Jaz Coleman.jpg]

Tonight at the Dürer Garden, *Killing Joke is* one of the most influential
bands of complete rock music . He has been dubbed as a post punk by his
right, and in his music he combines many styles of music and advances, and
he has been working again for ten years, and this year's celebration marks
the fortieth anniversary of their creation. On the eve of the concert in
Budapest, the frontman, Jaz Coleman, had an opportunity to make a phone
conversation with music and other topics. Read on!

*How does it feel to enter the bus when a celebration celebrating a
forty-year jubilee?*

There are a lot of different feelings in me now. I meet a lot of people who
tell me that Killing Joke is the movie soundtrack of their lives, or those
who have been protected by our music from suicide. There was someone who
came from his parents two weeks ago who loved our music and wanted to hear
us for them. We had a lot of similar experiences during the long time since
the band was working. There are not many orchestras that have been working
for forty years, and when I think about it, I do not really talk about it. We
started this tour in Seattle, then we went to South America, and I always
try to meet as many people as possible and speak as much as possible. Nowadays,
I get the most information from the world, as I have abandoned mainstream
and alternative media consumption. I do not listen to radio.

*Then, if I understand, are your personal relationships more important in
today's social media world?*

That's right. After we have made the setting and showered, I always go out
and talk to the local audience. Sometimes, when I'm tired or I do not feel
good, I find it difficult, but I try to do it as often as I believe in it. When
we started the band, we did not want to be classical rock stars, it was
always our basic principle of what we are with our audience, as we call
them, with the gathering, so I never considered myself a kind of piedestate
figure and it is quite disappointing, when so-called rock stars behave this
way.

*As you said, Killing Joke has never been a classic rock 'n roll mentality
team. What was your goal when you started the band? *

You know, we are members of the generation who believed that music could
make real changes. It was so from the beginning. We were sure that this was
our destiny, and if I look back for the last forty years, it's no accident
what happened to us. When we founded the band with Big Paul in 1978, we
took on a task: we committed ourselves to an idea that eventually defined
our entire life. This is a very important thing.

*Can we say that this was a predetermined spiritual mission? *

I definitely believe and feel that Killing Joke has always been an
important part of destiny or, if you prefer, we can perceive it as a
mission. To speak honestly and tap people. We have been in the United
States recently, where everyone is openly talking about what is happening:
how to reap the fascism of what has been known since the Snowden case of
how the People's Daily is watching the National Security Agency. People do
not dare to talk more freely and hide their feelings. Everyone is afraid to
say what they really think. Our moral task is to talk about such painful
topics. The fact that September 11 was organized was an internal work to
build up a new world order that did not work well at all. What actions are
targeted at the disintegration of the European Union, the activities of
populist politicians through Brexit, but I can mention international
conflicts with Russia or China. The Killing Joke song tells about these
uncertain, utopian times, and not many other orchestras deal with these
themes. That is why we play an important role today.

Killing Joke - European Super State <https://youtu.be/71POjwXIBKw>

*In the world of Killing Joke, the apocalypse vision often appears. What do
you think about global warming or the chances of humanity? *

What we are experiencing is a kind of extinction period. Five such events
have already been in the history of Earth, and many of us now go through
the sixth era. Hundreds of species die almost daily, in a few decades, and
if we want to survive this era, climate change, we must change our minds to
our physical needs. There is some genetic defect that makes us harsh,
aggressive and animal. Whether we like it or not, we are on the road to the
age of transhumanism where we will be able to retrieve self-consciousness
into unconscious bodies and lose our ability to feel, weep, and mercy. Killing
Joke, if you like, a whistling in a bottle against the processes that
catalyze this transformation. We work with the music of the sick madness
that is happening in the world.

The problem is that we have reached the point where most of the people are
labeled as useless baiters who only take the place in the world. This is
the real danger of losing our human being, and it is just happening now. Why
are we poisoned with all sorts of plastic food what is nanotechnology? The
situation is similar to the pre-World War period. You know, I know if oil
revenue drops, there is a lot of things to go with, and there are some who
do not even get out of a warfare to make it happen. Against this backdrop,
this process of deprivation is the result of the violent art that can be
called Killing Joke.

*How can an average person do against such processes? *

I think our audience is not ordinary people. It is more of a special one,
that's the dimension we found. Changing the opinion of wider masses against
mainstream media is a very tough task today.

*Let's talk about a bit more fun! Your last album, Pylon, came out three
years ago. When can audiences hear new songs? *

If all is true, we will be releasing an EP next year for the new album, but
I do not plan too much forward in my life for a maximum of two months. It
is certain that as long as we are all alive and healthy, we will create new
discs as well.

*If I know you're working on a symphonic Killing Joke album. *

Killing Joke's symphonic album is ready to be released in January. I have
to say, literally, the best record I've ever done, including my own
work. Fantastic
success. The material is one hour forty minutes long, with Killing Joke and
a full band, simply beautiful. There's a funny story about him, I think
you'll be the first to tell me: we did not have enough money to finish the
recordings while I had another assignment from one of the United Nations
organizations.
So I used the motifs of a song by Killing Joke in Latin, so now Absolute
Dissent is the music of one of the United Nations ritual ceremonies, can
you believe it?

The recording itself is really sensational, I just can not stop listening,
it's very happy. It's a bit like making a three-course lunch for those who
love the band: when you start listening to a disc it's like you're ready to
start with the appetizer, and when you drank a cigar on a dessert, it's
still music, and of course you do not get it indigestion.

Killing Joke - New Cold War <https://youtu.be/FDwx9JOy4LU>

https://langologitarok.blog.hu/2018/10/24/a_hosok_esendosege_killing_joke_a_durer_kertben
(Gig review, use Google Translate)