[kj] Roundhouse

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 06:55:42 EST 2018

A friend who went to the gig last night who knows their stuff well enough
but is not
what you would call a KJ disciple told me that - and I quote his all caps
rant - the sound
was 'FUCKING ABYSMAL'.

I sometimes wonder if all the adoration turns us deaf and blind? The last
time I saw KJ at
the Roundhouse I too thought the sound was generally shite, but then talked
to people after
who said it was the gig of the century etc etc. Anyway the sound in Glasgow
was pretty damn good
in KJ terms, which was a relief. I too was surprised by Loose Cannon, a
song I have not listened to
since it came out, but live it became something else entirely.

Other highlights - I'm with you Jamie! Butcher, FTL, ESS, TD&RS. And them
managing to complete a
massive tour and remain alive.

(Lowlights - fucking 80s, fucking Asteroid, The fucking Wait)