[kj] 80s LOLs

Pagan scotgothwitch at sky.com
Sun Jul 15 08:04:37 EDT 2018

We were there last weekend and there was  an album cover of theirs at the wee Ripping Records section, and another at the end but yeah, that was it.
There was a Radio Scotland piece a week or so ago about the exhibition.  Apparently, the curator contacted a number of artists for inclusion but some of them never responded, or declined (one specifically mentioned, but not clear if they didn't respond or declined, was Cocteau Twins). Not saying that's definitely why the Exploited weren't included but could be.
I must admit I had a lump in my throat looking at Laurel Clark's Runrig CD.
Claire
-------- Original message --------From: gingoblin at easynet.co.uk Date: 15/07/2018  12:08  (GMT+00:00) To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] 80s LOLs

Went to that exhibition the other day... it was okay... nice to see
Alex Harvey's leather jacket and striped top, plus some Rezillos
stuff... and even Jobson's cricket top!! But the lack of Exploited was
fairly poor. Not a fan (since I was about 13 anyway) but to just
pretend they didn't exist when some utter drivel was included was sad.
Un-hippery at work I would say. Still, the Bay City Rollers section was
more than worth the price of admisson ;-)

Big Country were great in their day... saw some fantastic gigs by them,
including the televised Hogmanay show at Edinburgh Playhouse. Can't
listen to 'em now though. Skids on the other hand are still a joy.

Dave in Edinburgh