[kj] Whitby Weekend

scotgothwitch scotgothwitch at sky.com
Thu Jul 12 16:32:58 EDT 2018

I've not been for a few years but FOTN and The Eden House might just tempt us.  It will be interesting to see how it goes with the different promoters.  Anyway, for some reason I have it in my head that you've had involvement with Clan of Xymox in the past, and so might have been at WGW?  Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...
Anyway, would recommend the Minster, the Shambles, Jorvik Centre etc. in York.
If you haven't been to Whitby before, definitely check out the jet shops, which have some beautiful jewellery, some of which is antique, as well as designs aimed specifically at the WGW crowd.  Some of it can be eye wateringly expensive but beautifully carved and authentic.  Definitely go for a drink in the Elsinore and take good footwear for the trek up the steps to the Abbey!
Claire
-------- Original message --------From: Michael Garcia via Gathering <gathering at misera.net> Date: 12/07/2018  18:07  (GMT+00:00) To: The Gathering KJ <gathering at misera.net> Cc: Michael Garcia <sandstorm_mg at yahoo.com> Subject: [kj] Whitby Weekend
HI All,
I'm wondering if any of you can give me some ideas on a few things. My wife and I are going to try to get tickets for Whitby in October as soon as they go on sale. If we get them we'll be staying in York for a day. Question - Are there any good antique stores around York that aren't super expensive, and also what would any locals recommend for us yanks to do while there for a day.' Good restaurants, etc. Any recommendations are appreciated! Anyone else heading to Whitby this year? This will be a quick trip in and out. Arriving on a Thursday and heading home that following Monday.
Cheers,
Michael