[kj] (OT) Don't-let-The-Gathering-die! Emergency Poll

fatpotanga . fatpotanga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 03:44:44 EST 2018

(Courtesy of Richard Herring.)

1. Have you ever seen a ghost?
Probably not, but I've had a lot of things I can't explain. Like Johnny
I've had lot of Entity/sleep paralysis incidents, felt things try and push
themselves into my body (fnarr), breath in my face, nails/claws pinning my
wrists, been dragged across the room only to be in bed.
Weirdest would be with the effervescent mrs fatpotanga at my parents house
before we moved in together. I was sleeping on the floor, she had my single
bed. I heard her having a nightmare. As I looked at her this figure was
bent at right angles over her face, it turned and looked at me, had this
weird almost twiggy beard and insanely intense eyes and as it faded she sat
bolt upright in bed and burst out crying. Said something had been trying to
strangle her. Just said she'd had a nightmare.

2. Have you ever seen a Bigfoot?
No success Paul?, sasquatch you get with a question like this.

3. What is your favourite cheese?
I am unadventurous with cheese so mozzarella or parmesan

4. Who is your favourite historical character?
How far back do we have to go? Does Hendrix count?

5. What is love anyway? Who knows. It's rather delicious
Subsidiary question: Does anybody love anybody anyway?
Look at batman and robin.

6. Would you rather be a cow or a badger?
Cow. It's more fun to say.

7. Have you ever tried to communicate
with the dead?
Yes, only last week. I'm renovating a big old house in the Lake District
(I'm there now). Strange things kept happening so I asked them to stop
dicking me about.

8. If you had to marry a Muppet – if you had to –
which Muppet would you marry?
Beaker.

9. Have you ever had a near death experience?
As in white lights and tunnels and all that? No, but I've had experiences
that could have resulted in death such as when in my early teens (or
possibly pre-teens) my mate, who had a Saturday job at a farm, and I
hotwired a tractor and ragged it round the field it had been left in. It
had 4 big 'back' wheels and independent brakes; one pedal for each side. We
were doughnutting it, I was stood on the side plate when it tipped inwards.
He managed to right it, but if it had gone over I'd have been crushed. I
suppose in some part of the multiverse that's what happened.

10. If you got on Dragon’s Den, what product
would you pitch?
Inflatable travel toothbrush with built in usb drive.
Btw, reusable zip ties exist. A DJ friend of mine has them for his cables.
They have a pressy-button thing on the lock.

11. What’s the worst experience you’ve ever had
in a hotel?
Before kids we used to buy a flight, and one nights accomodation then get a
car and go 'left or right' and see where we ended up. Mooching round
Ontario we couldnt get anywhere to stay  and ended up spending the night in
a sleazy motel out on its own. The desk left at 10pm. All night long you'd
hear trucks pull up doors open then bedsprings in the rooms either side
going as punter after punter came. The icing was someone trying to break
into our room. This was the days before phones and we shat it!

12. Which celebrity would you like to stroke yo
hair as you die?
Beaker.

13. What is your most mundane encounter with a
celebrity?

I once walked into John Hurt but didn't realise who was.
14. Does sex with a robot count as cheating
on your partner? Some people probably couldn't tell the difference.

15. What song would you like to replace your
national anthem?
The theme from Grandstand

16. If you could jump into a pool of something,
what would it be?
Thought

17. If you could communicate with one animal,
which animal would you communicate with
and what would you ask them?
Barbary Ape. I'd ask it for my wallet back.

18. How did the murder of Thomas A Beckett
affect Anglo-Papal relations in the 12th
Century?
Greatly. Their relationship broke down and one had sex with a robot.

19. Do you know the way to San Jose?
I've been away so long I might go wrong and lose my way.

20. Have things turned out like you expected
them to?

Do they ever? I wouldn't change anything though. Life's an ever evolving
surprise.

BONUS QUESTION: How would you escape from a Nazi prisoner of war camp?
Inside a sex robot.