[kj] KJ 2003, Vinyl opinions!?

Rob Moss rob.moss at gmx.com
Thu Feb 1 04:26:32 EST 2018

Hi Anthony

New lawyers for AD were cut yesterday!
It’s sounds much better than the old one. It was remastered by Tim Turan who has won Sony awards for mastering. He’s great

The mixes of AD are muddy so it was a job to do. However the new mastering is brighter and punchy. I think you will see it as an improvement. Release date is record store day. Extra tracks as well

2003 is also getting done. There is a lot of discussion on this and it’s not finalised

There is a massive project for a reissue of the entire vinyl catalogue with rarities etc etc. Very early stages so the ideas will change

Initially 2003 may be a part of this but ultimately it IS being done. But it may be longer than originally planned. It has been remastered already.

So that’s the story as it stands.

As for the remastered vinyl. Look out for them. They are pretty nice. Sonically nothing special but a good package.
Tony Raven was selling some over at Discogs at a fair price.