[kj] Berlin & London 2018 Live Releases

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Dec 5 15:38:38 EST 2018

I ordered the bundle of the CD/LP 2018 shows off PledgeMusic and gave a listen to the downloads.  The Berlin show has the slightly better set but the London show is better performed.  One thing that caught my ear is that Geordie’s tone isn’t as distinctive this time around, sounds more like someone using one of those cheaper digital effects/amp modeling pedals. I could hear this at the LA show I caught to a small degree but it’s much more noticeable on the two live recordings. And at least for the downloads, the sound quality and mix isn’t as good as the previous few official live releases (Hammersmith 2010, River, Great Gathering).  Sounds closer to the Reza live bootlegs.