[kj] Absolute Dissent RSD Remaster

Kevin Marion kevinmarion at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 05:17:53 EDT 2018

So there is a difference in the iTunes version over the CD?  I guess I need to listen to both again.

Thanks, Kevin

 Subject: Re: [kj] Absolute Dissent RSD Remaster
 To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
 Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 6:48 PM

 Alrighty

 I compared the song
 Absolute Dissent on:
 RSD vinyl
 version
 Original CD
 iTunes purchase

 So let me preface
 that I was listening to the Rolling Stones - Some Girls
 before this (original press).  So I put the RSD vinyl on
 and I have to crank it up quite a bit more to get it to a
 loud level.  If Some Girls was
  at 12, AD is at 3

 Initial reaction is
 that it has much more high end. Which has it's pros and
 cons.  There are some guitar pick swipes and drumming that
 become more pronounced. But the guitar can get a bit
 brittle.
 The CD is what I am
 used to but is...not muddy but more...muddled.  Not as
 clear as I would like.
 iTunes wins
 overall.

 I am still glad I
 got the record but if I already had it I would likely be
 disappointed.