[kj] Boxset

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 23:01:05 EDT 2018

A hard "no" for me despite being a nutcase collector with this band.  On vinyl, I have the entire official studio LP discography UK and US including almost all the 12" + 10" singles as original releases in mostly excellent condition plus the entire batch of 2006 - 2008 remasters/reissues.  I think already I have 5 vinyl releases just of "Night Time."   Same with CD releases - originals plus remasters plus stuff like the Chaos For Breakfast box and all the previous Pledge releases.

Add to that, vinyl pressings are so hit and miss these days, the odds are not in the buyer's favor that all 32(?) records in this box are flawlessly pressed (see Queen or David Bowie's big box sets for examples) I would be pissed if one or more records have some defect that would probably be impossible to get replaced.

If the price of the CD box comes *way* down after it's out for a while, I find it cheap on eBay or they release a single CD or LP of the unreleased/rare tracks, I would spring for that.

....I will sheepishly add I *am* picking up the RSD release of Absolute Dissent this weekend for the hopeful remastered for vinyl aspect.  It should be mentioned it appears to be an over-run of the version included in the Flight Case as it sports the "Postage Stamp" cover like all the flight case reissues do.  And in the inevitable time the albums get an individual vinyl release, I'm balls deep for KJ2003 and would probably get Democracy and MMXII (again) for the bonus tracks.

From: Gathering [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Alex Smith wrote:

Alright, then....

A week or so later, .... has anyone ordered one?

I'm completely resigned to not getting the Flight Case vinyl edition as I don't have the disposable income to spend on it, don't have the space in my apartment to accommodate it and already have most of the actual music contained within it. While that latter of those three points certainly holds true for the CD edition, it's more affordable -- comparatively speaking -- and takes up less space. I do wish, however, a condensed version of the lyric book and other ephemera touted in the Flight Case came in the CD version, but yes, yes, grumble grumble, harrumph.

Anyone take the bait yet?

-Alex in NYC