[kj] Paul Raven

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 17:28:24 EDT 2017

Yep, Matt Zane.

On Thu, 19/10/17, fatpotanga . <fatpotanga at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [kj] Paul Raven
 To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
 Date: Thursday, 19 October, 2017, 22:22

 Was it Society
 One or something?
 On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 at
 22:19, Paul Rangecroft <paul.rangecroft at gmail.com>
 wrote:
 remember he was kindly trying to get me some work doing the
 website

 for that pornstar guy in LA whose band he was in - I forget
 his name

 or the name of the band - anyway, he put "I neglected
 to mention that

 you are off your rocker" which still makes me laugh.

 On 10/19/17, fatpotanga . <fatpotanga at gmail.com>
 wrote:

 > Describing U2 as Balding Welsh Midgets shall forever
 remain my favourite.

 <

 wrote:

 >> I am definitely raising a glass to Paul tonight.

 >> Unfortunately I never met him but was present at
 many of the Extremities

 >> gigs where he always seemed to attract agro from
 the crowd? I don't

 >> know..

 >> As what's just been said he was hilarious on
 the Gathering and always

 >> replied to any comment, even to an ordinary Jo like
 me.

 >> Some of his funnies were:

 >> Patricia Morrisson-Gothopotamaus

 >> Perry Farrell-rasping jewish child molester

 >> I loved his stuff with Prong and Rude Awakening is
 one of my favourite

 >> ever albums.

 >> Also the Mob research album has some killer tracks
 on it.

 >> I wear the Mob Research T shirt to every gig I go
 to and it has the

 >> picture of Raven on the back with the RIP
 message.

 >> It always strikes up a conversation and no doubt it
 will at my next gig

 >> Chic-next Friday-not sure Paul would approve of
 that!

 >> Love the story of Paul sending porn to work!

 left us?

 >> 10 years? How did that go so quick?

 >> I still think of him regularly and am thankful to
 have had the (dubious!)

 >> pleasure of knowing him and working with him.

 >> He left quite a mark on the planet. Aside from his
 artistic efforts, he

 >> left some lovely kids, one of which had his 18th
 Birthday recently.

 >> So raise a glass if you can or spare a thought for
 our dear friend Paul

 Gathering at misera.net